What if I don't know how to cook or I'm not very good at it?
What do I need to bring with me when I come pick up my order?
- No problem! Everything comes with easy-to-follow directions. No prior cooking experience is necessary. As long as you can follow directions, you can create a wonderful meal!
What is the cost for the meals?
- You'll need a large cooler or laundry basket to transport your meals home. No worries if you forget. We have bags for you.
How many people will each entrée feed?
- Meals are priced ala carte. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 for FULL portions and from $10.99 to $17.99 for HALF portions.
What if I have a smaller family or am single?
- Each FULL entrée typically feeds 4-6 adults, depending on the appetite. Each HALF entrée feeds 2-3 adults.
If an entrée sounds particularly yummy or if I'll be entertaining, can I order more than one?
- Most entrées are available in HALF portions, each feeding 2-3 adults. One exception for this feature are crock pot recipes. The results will not be as desirable or as predictable, therefore, we do not recommend it. We also have single portion items called SK Singles that are perfect for singles.
Can I reschedule my order if "life happens"?
- You can order as many of a particular entree that you need or want. That is the beauty of our ala carte pricing structure!
Can I cancel my order?
- If you cannot pick up your order on the requested day, we recommend the following:
- If you need to make a change within 72 hours of your pick up time, call the store @ 704-844-2002 and we will reschedule your order for a different time and/or day of that same week.
What methods of payment do you accept?
- You can cancel your order up to 3 days prior to your pick up time and will receive a complete refund. If you cancel in fewer than 3 days, you will be refunded your total order amount less a $30 cancellation fee.
Are the meals kid-friendly?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover & American Express. We also accept debit cards & personal checks. Personal checks must be received 5 days prior to your scheduled session and there is a $15 charge for returned checks.
What if someone in my family has a food allergy?
- We do our best to make all of our meals family friendly. Every entrée is taste-tested to ensure its quality. We strive to offer a wide variety of meals each month so that you have options. The beauty of this service is that you can omit an ingredient if you know that it is does not suit your family's taste. Don't like mushrooms? Just leave them out. Trying to watch your salt intake? Cut the recommended amount in half. Not sure about spicy foods? Spice it up or spice it down according to your taste.
How far in advance do I need to schedule my order?
- Please let us know of any food allergies when you register. Many of our recipes do contain common allergens such as milk and nuts so knowing your specific needs will help us serve you and we can adjust accordingly. We can supply you with a list of each entrées ingredients for your review.
How often do the menus change?
- Our order calendar closes 24 hours prior to the pick up time or when all slots are filled.
What if I absolutely love a meal and want to have it again after the menu for the next month is started?
- We offer a new menu with 14 new selections every month.
How do I place an order?
- You can check with us to see if we have any in our freezer inventory. We will be keeping the most popular dishes on hand for immediate sale. Just call us!
What should I do in preparation of my order?
- You can order three ways: use our on-line order process, you can call us & we'll take your order over the phone or you can visit our store & we'd be happy to place your order while you're there.
- You need to make sure that you have ample freezer space for the entrees that you'll be bringing home. Depending on the number of meals that you order, you'll need between 1 & 1½ shelves to accommodate your food.